Monday, January 12, 2009

My little one

I was surfing through blogs, and ran across a song that Macady sings to herself all the time, hoping that no-one will hear her. The first ten times she heard it on YouTube, she watched the horses run through the screen and just cried. And now every time I hear it, my eyes well up and I think of my beautiful, strong-willed, fiery red-head and think of how she gallops through life....literally and figuratively. Macady rode her first horse at 9 months old, and by age three, we bought Spirit, Wild Stallion of the Cimarron, and spent our entire Christmas morning watching it. I remember her stopping in the middle of all her present-opening and just staring at the screen for the rest of the movie. We are on our 4th DVD now, the others were so scratched from use! I remember thinking that she was as wild and free as the horses she watched and I remember vowing that her beautiful spirit would never be broken. I prayed that I would have a little girl that would love horses as much as I did........Who would have thought there would be a little one born to me that would love them even more?




1 comment:

sara and gailon said...

Holey moley heener beener!!! How the heck are you?! So cool that you found me! Wow!!