Sunday, March 15, 2009

Riding

Saturday, June 28, 2008
10:11 p.m.
Current mood: content
Category: Blogging
We got up early this morning, when it was still, and cool, and quiet, to ride in the dunes at Sandy Downs. It is an incredible feeling to ride a good broke, quiet, finished, nice nice nice horse, after riding young ones. The sun was high and hot by the time we got done, but I felt so complete, so safe, right down to my soul. If I had money, I'd buy that finished horse, and feel more comfortable going places and doing things on him.

What was more awesome was seeing my little red-head who seemed so lost for so long, and watching her take the lead on her big red horse, and know, and feel the trust that runs in and between them both.

After the last few months, I needed this.

Someone once said that the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man. Someone was right.

No comments: